How to choose the right company to get a DNA testJanuary 20, 2022
Why Whole Exome Sequencing is done?January 22, 2022
As we already know DNA testing has gotten very popular in the past few years. People are getting tested to check any risk related to genes, for legal purposes or are just ordering home DNA kits to gift to their loved ones. But with the increasing popularity of DNA tests, the number of scammers is also increasing. Even the most knowledgeable people are falling for these scams and are losing their money. Here are some tips on how to take precautions to avoid getting scammed.
- Use a reliable company for DNA testing- using a reliable and reputed DNA company is important for legal cases or for immigration-related cases. you can make sure that a company is reliable by checking if the company is accredited or not, accredited companies are certified by official regulatory bodies like AABB.
- Look out for DNA prices that are the prices should neither be too low nor too high. The cost of DNA testing varies and depends on various factors like the type of test, number of participants, and complexity of the test. Keep these factors in mind and don’t overpay for the DNA test.
- Avoid deciding your company based on online website reviews as most of the reviews are fake and the people are paid for writing good and positive reviews for the site.
- Privacy of the test result is important so read all the privacy-related documents carefully. The companies usually share your genetic information with other parties for research purposes and all read all the terms of services carefully and ask a professional before taking a test.
- Stay educated and keep yourself updated about the information related to new technologies and methods used for DNA testing.